Small french doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I intend to get a builder to replace window with french doors.
The existing window only measures 950 wide, I would have liked 1500 french doors.
The builder quoted and recommended that I would be better on getting ones to fit the 950. wich he could do, ie less work, a better external finnish.
Cost 700 more for 1500. My main concern is the size wide of 950 is rather small and I would probablly need to open the two doors to gain access.
Any comments would be appricated, regarding size ect,
Thanks Paul.
P.s would these doors have to be custom made.

Sponsored Links
Considering that 550mm is taken up with the frame (working on width) then thatll leave 200mm for each window which would look rather silly.
Never known a french door that small in width but im sure someone here will let you know.
Id go for 1500mm ones.

Hi Thanks for the replay I have jut mearused again and the window width is 950. inside the frame. So would the builder just put the door frame inside the existing frame or would he knok the old wooden frame out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back