small step

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just had a shed base put down and now my shed has been built on top. Ive now got a problem which i didnt realise when getting the base down. Ive now got a 8" step up into the shed which i can see will be a problem when putting the lawn mower in the summer.

Im not sure if this is possible but i would ideally like to put in a small concrete ramp up to the top of the concrete but dont know where to start, it is only going to be about 48" wide. Is this something that can be done or am i being silly. If it can be done who do i go about doign it.

Thanks

Bret

Sponsored Links
Also make sure that you dig down a bit at the bottom so the concrete isn't too thin.

Thanks for the quick response

I was a bit worried that all the concrete would want to settle and i would loose the angle of the slope but its not going to be a steep angle.

thanks again

Sponsored Links
As stuart said, allow for some thickness at the front edge, mix the concrete stiffer, so as it doesnt slump so much.
The thicker edge nearer to the base could be near semi dry, allow for some more workable concrete to get a decent tamp finish.
Cover it for a few days if frost is expected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back