So, how do you light the pilot on an e.l.m Leblanc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved in and the pilot's out on my boiler, which is an elm leblanc.

I've never heard of/used this type of boiler, it's been idle for 3-4 months and the pilot light has gone out.

the company that serviced it say it will cost £70 to call someone out, but surely there's an easy way to relight this myself?

would be very grateful if you can help!

RodS

Sponsored Links
Make sure the gas tap under the boiler on the left hand side is turned on then turn on a hot tap with the power on and keep the red ignition button on the right hand side pressed in...you may be lucky but I have my doubts.

Check the electric power is turned on.

Turn knob C to the position control heating system.

Push in button B and hold for a minimum 10 seconds.

While holding button B press knob E keeping both knobs pressed in, look through the pilot window and the spark will be seen, and the pilot burner should light.

When the pilot lights release button E but hold button B for a further 10 seconds

oops forgot the pilot button :oops: . Ignition rarely works on these and replacement control box is over 300 quid.

Sponsored Links
ELM LeBlanc boilers are now no longer imported into UK(?) - presumably to avoid confusion or embarrassing comparisons - the company is part of Bosch Group, along with Worcester Bosch and Buderus.

Based on the examples I've seen (leaking, clapped-out, corroded, ...), the best way of lighting the pilot is along with the rest of the boiler, on top of a ritual funeral pyre!

OK thanks for the info, I'll give this a try. . .got a feeling this is going to cost me though!!

Be aware that this boiler is now quite old and spares are not generally stocked in the UK.

Also being French it is a rather odd design and every part seems to be unique to that manufacturer.

I would recommend that you start saving up to have it replaced fairly soon.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back