Socket heights !

S

sparky40

Hello All,

I am just finishing a new domestic installation and have come across a problem.( The job , to be honest is one that I am having assessed for myself , not my company )

The depth of screed to be put down on the ground floor was sorted with the builder, and I cracked on and 1st fixed allowing for this. As you've guessed the screed is higher and my outlet's are now @430mm from f.f.l's.
I understand that this is 'low' , and that there are circumstances where they do not necessarily have to be 450mm etc .
Any idea's on the way the inspector might look upon this ?

A code 4 departure from 7671 ? As saftey and integrity are not compromised, but it does not comply with the new ammendments ?

Any opinions ????????? { or constructive 'slating' is welcome ! }

Thanks .All the best.

Sponsored Links
Hello Taylor
It is a house that has been converted into two seperate flats, so they are both new installations. This only applies to 2 rooms in total, the lounge and a bedroom.

Maybe I should use a 'breaker' ( non electrical type ) and chase a slope around the floor by the sockets !!!!!!!!! :LOL:
I will just wait for the inspector, they are so busy that it will be carpetted by then !
Whats 20mm between friends ?

Sponsored Links
If you have a copy of the IEE book "Electricians Guide to the Building Regulations" then section 10.7 deals with these aspects (Part M of the building regs). Its to do with access for the disabled.

It says that the guidance given in Part M applies to new dwellings. Part M also deals with door widths, ramp access, size of toilets for wheelchairs etc etc.

Point that out to him if he queries it - he shouldnt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back