Soil pipe and waste pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I as wondering if anyone could help with a question on soil pipes.

I wish to move my first floor bathroom. Currently it is at the rear of the house, the soil pipe runs vertically down the other side of its external wall. The bath and basin waste pipes run directly into it.

For reasons of space, I want to move the bathroom into another room on the first floor which has no access to an external wall.

The nearest external wall would be about 2.5 metres away, the existing soil pipe would be about 6 metres away.

I have heard some nasty scare stories about installing a macerator (about the noise, them breaking down etc) - is there another option ?? I have also heard that the pipes can be run under the floor (space permitting). Does that mean I run a soil pipe under the floor to the nearest external wall, then run it outside the wall to the existing soil pipe ?? Or do you have to run the soil pipe all the way under the floor to the existing soil pipe 6 metres away ??

Questions ... questions .... :LOL:

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you can get the correct fall then run it under your floorboards to outside.

With that length of run you should consider a rodding point in case of blockages :D

If it helps .......I did one in my last house with a 1;40 fall and had no blockages in 20 years ;) you could probably get away with less fall as plastic soil is smooth

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back