Soil pipes, leccy cables etc.

• Thread starter 2scoops0406
  • Start date

2scoops0406

Time has nearly come to challenge (and no doubtly fail) masona's shed crown. I am aiming to build myself a large shed / greenhouse / office. I have all the plans to build the thing, but what I don't understand is how do I put the service pipes and cables up through the concrete floor without compromising the DPM on the concrete base? I'd do a search on this most excellent forum, only that is the most un-excellent thing about it. Pictures will follow .... in DIY disasters, no doubt!! Followed by job lot of wood for sale. TIA.

Sponsored Links
I cannot see this as a problem, unless the concrete slab is below the water table/level :)

Sponsored Links
Don't understand, surely the pipes / cables will rise up thru the DPM :?: Draw me a picture oh wise ones :pitiful: or failing that an expanation in small words would suffice. TIA.

use 42mm plastic waste as a duct for your water ie bury it and another one for the electricity they wont hurt the dpc as long as you cut them above floor level

you can get flexible ducting as well but can't think of the name eddie ;)

I would have thought that if you had such a problem with water you would not want bring the pipes, cables up through the concrete slab,But if you do, put all the serves into ducting pipes( as already mentioned),make sure the DPM is not pulled out to tight cut a x in the dpm and fold it up the the ducting pipe above the top of the concrete. :)

waiting for yes BUT.......... ;)

...and tape the dpc to the duct before pouring the slab? I had an idea there's a plastic collar you can get to go round ducts and pipes, did I dream it?

Might be, since I ate all those meat pies my brain has gone all spongy...

I thought I'd seen a collar you can cast into the RC walls of basements etc. that gives a waterseal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back