soil stack relocation

30 Dec 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I am moving my soil stack from one end of the house to the other due to bathroom relocation. Want to use original underground connection point so having to run horizontal UG pipe from base of new soil stack position to it. Question is what sort of connection should I make. Just a 90 deg bend, 2 x 45 deg bends. Or do I need to put a tee bend in and make this a rodding access point? Or worse still do I need to put in an 8" inspection chamber?

Crude drawing:

| <<new stack position
L-------------------- << connection point UG pipe....| << original UG pipe
...........................L--------------- to manhole
Sponsored Links
Eight Inch inspection chamber. :?: depth or diameter :?: I would build a 12x18 brick .9inch thick..flemish bond using engineering bricks, with polished rendered benching and clay channel bend and cast iron frame and lid...but then I`ve got now`t better to do :LOL: ...I think a pre formed plastic chamber with lid would do nicely for your job . Think of it as easy compared to what used to be done ;)
I came across it today from Marley though its 10" not 8" (the chamber that is!!)....

"250mm bottom outlet inspection chamber

The 250mm bottom outlet inspection chamber UAC02 provides a multiple collection point for branch drains from one or more dwellings and may also serve as a rodding and testing point for the main drain. "

...just looks expensive and was hoping to get away with a regular rest bend.
all underground soil drainage requires an inspection chamber at evey point where a change in direction takes place & must have a costant fall off 1 in 40 . 1cmm fall in 40 cm run. 2cm fall in 80cm run . OK . all drin pipes to be surrounded by 100mm of annula gravel. very important to get it right or buy a set of drainage rods.
Sponsored Links
Spot on Bab ;) tho` I would say with plastic ,less fall would be ok, if not possible to get the 1;40.......Irose, that, or similar (polypipe?) is what you need ;) but the drain pipe is 110 mm........have a look in WickesDIY shed..they`ve got them on display @ my local one, or ask @ builders Merchant for 110 plastic access chamber
And needs to be inspected before covering over and pressure tested !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local