Soil & Vent Breather Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rather than run a 110mm soil pipe up the corner of my (upstairs) bathroom wall to connect with a Drago intake valve in the loft, could I not use 40mm drain pipe inside the studwork which then tees back into the Drago valve via a 110mm fitting once back in the loft?

The alternative I suppose would be to buy back-to-the-wall furniture for the toilet and hide the Drago inside, but I was rather hoping to avoid this.

Comments please...

Sponsored Links
I daresay the Building Regs wouldn't be as inventive as to imply that that might be OK. But I can't see how it could possibly NOT be fine. I mean how big is the aperture when the valve (Durgo innit?) is taking air in - a bit less than a 40mm hole I expect!

Consider the air admittance valve on a small trap and see what they connect it to the pipe with...
15521.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back