Solar Panels and Water Features

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

First post - after googling for an Electrical Forum.

We have a cascading water feature similar to this one (ours is a couple of years old) :
http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?dept_id=200345&pf_id=LS1143D

The solar panel that comes with it works well when the sun is directly on it but as the day moves on the sun goes to West and the fountain stops. What I was thinking was whether I could add a second panel in pointing to the West (the other panel is lieing on the shed roof facing South). Or is it the original panel of a "lower" spec so can't pick up in all directions.... and do I need to replace the panel?

Any suggestions greatfully received.....

Sponsored Links
An easy way to test your panel would be to un-secure it & turn it into the sun & see if the pump starts up again, in which case you have your answer. It seems like an expensive solution to add another panel, but if you have no option then I would have thought you can simply connect it in parallel with the other one, providing it is of the same output spec. I would not have thought it would act as a load, but I am not 100% sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back