Solar panels,wind turbines and heat pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do your customers actually get them fitted or do you think it`s a fad ?
All seem very expensive with ridiculous payback times.
How can i say to a customer solar panels are great ,but er.. it`ll be 10-15 years before you get your money back.

Sponsored Links
On a quality solar panel system you will be lucky to get a pay back in 15 yeas! They have got to want to do it for environmental issues rather than just cost saving. Average 3-4 bed house will save £120-£150 / year. Thats why after doing all the training and registering for grants etc I am totally disillusioned and don't know if its worth it!

Sponsored Links
there was a post about the wind turbine that a well known shed suppy.

Smoke and Mirrors :rolleyes: ..IF the whole of UK stopped emitting tomorrow.....I mean everything :eek: power stations, the lot ........then the increase in China`s output for that ONE day would be = or more....so WTF :rolleyes: .......Human Race =lemmings

Nige F said:
Smoke and Mirrors :rolleyes: ..IF the whole of UK stopped emitting tomorrow.....I mean everything :eek: power stations, the lot ........then the increase in China`s output for that ONE day would be = or more....so WTF :rolleyes: .......Human Race =lemmings

Very good point, it's easy to to forget that GREAT Britain is actually Little Britain. ...but actual fact or supposition on your part?

Supporition.......but guided by Confuscious ;)

Sponsored Links
Back