Solar powered garden lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience of solar powered garden lighting. It seems there is no shortage of reasonably priced lights around, but are they any good?

I live in a village with no street lighting, and would like some low level lighting outside the front door just so I can see to get my key in the hole! I have a PIR activated lantern as well but it's a bit hit and miss, and the wiring to it is so short I don't feel like getting up there are messing with it.

Be interested to hear from you,

Thanks, Phil

Sponsored Links
in my opinion they are not very good. I shall explain. as we get little sunshine in the winter they will not last long at night as they haven't been able to fully charge, as they almost all use one or two leds they are some what dim, most have an amber led which is dim even when its bright (if you see what i mean)

as for being able to see your front door key no chance unless you stick it on the door, but then it wont charge

the only advantage they have is that they are easy to install as they have no wires, or running costs. the only thing i think they are good for is marking a walkway, that is marking it not lighting it.

Thanks Breezer - I guess that confirmed my doubts really. My front door is north facing too, so I guess they'd be completely useless!

Phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back