Something out of Laurel and Hardy...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While plastering the inside of a large kitchen extension many, many years ago the owner who was a lovely old bloke and had been an electrician down the mines for years. He would test to see if cables were live by sticking his finger on the end!
Anyhow, I had a wall to do with a number of light sockets with cables poking out of them, I asked the owner if they were live, he replies. "definitely not".
Also in this extension was an alcathene water pipe running along the floor.
I begin plastering and everything is going well, right up to the point that I accidentally lean forward and the corner of my trowel goes into the light socket, a blinding flash later I go flying off my 'hop up' and land several feet away seeing stars, to top it all off as I fell I dropped my trowel and in lands absolutely perfectly into the alcathene pipe making a considerable gash, the spout of water gushes up about 6 feet in the air then makes a perfect arc and lands on my head while I'm still sat on the floor.

The other lads were in stitches (once they knew I was alright) as apparently in my dazed state I made no effort to get out of the way of the water and just sat there ( Laurel and Hardy style) I'm sure if there was a camera there I would have looked at it and said " that's another fine mess....."

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back