soundproofing for workshop.

ena

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know if this is the
right site , but good advice in the past has guided me here.
I am starting a new ,better workshop,in my brick build garage. I am going to line the walls with wood stoothing. and need advice on sound proofing. Rockwool, polyurethane foam boards, fibreglass, ???
Anything to stop the neighbours complaining about the sound of my planer thicknesser.
Any advice of those that have built thier own workshops would be greatly appreiciated.

Sponsored Links
soundproof plaster boards are available the more skins the better. building a room within a room sounds like the way to go, sound travels through the ceiling and floor so consider this. this might get the thread going :)

I was thinking of building a 3x2 stoothing wall over the brick outer wall and proofing inbetween with rocwool ! , I am not sure as to what would be the best for soundproofing, I have not heard of the sound proof plaster boards. I will have to look into those, perhaps inner coverering of insulation of some sort plus these boards on walls and ceiling might do the trick.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back