spam,spam,spam and spam, i dont like spam

B

breezer

over the past couple of weeks i have been getting spam, but this spam actually says that it is spam before you open it, something like

{spam} need a loan?

it always seems to have the { } bits (yes, i do mean the funny brackets)

i go message>block sender, but as they often change the whole who its from address, not just the old trick of [email protected]. where by the number changes

so i was thinking is there a way i can block or instantly delete anything that has {spam} as the title?

also did you know it really is called spam after that monty python sketch

Sponsored Links
If your isp provides you with an anti-spam program, you could probably set a message rule to prevent it from arriving, but also, if you use outlook or outlook express, you can set up a rule to either move messages to a spam folder or even delete them if the subject line contains certain words. For the latter, click Tools, message rules, mail. Then, under conditions, check the box that says 'where the subject line contains specific words' and then check the required action box. In the rule description window, click the blue links to tailor the words and spam folder, if appropriate. You can also use this method to automatically control other aspects of received emails, so have a play.

what I'm doing of late is forwarding the whole message (including all headers, which are sometimes hidden) to the server name (ISP host) where it comes from and search the whole header for other possible sources. Then I put abuse@ in front of every name I can find.
Several Yahoo accounts and Google ones are being threatened with closure now (or so Yahoo tells me ;)
I don't think it's enough to have a spam blocker, let's make it more difficult for those litterers.
Adn yes, SPAM with or without egs comes from Monty ;)

Sponsored Links
Download a freebie program called Mailwasher. It allows you to check your ISP server and delete/bounce without downloading the unnecessary e-mails to your e-mail program. Sorry can't provide link. Google should do the biz. Hope helps

personally I don't like the idea of ISPs doing emails filtering,.

I use Feox to block unwanted messages.. and it is quite good.

i have done both igorian and wood-you -likes suggestions

since i sent a spamp alert as wyl suggested i have had almost none, and the odd one i do get gets caught by igorians suggestion

Sponsored Links
Back