speaker wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ,my speaker wire is not long enough to reach the dvd, is it ok just to join with a new piece or will it lose some of its quality if ok can you buy connectors or is it ok just to join them without cheers . P M

Sponsored Links
Solder and cover each condctor with heat shrink

Quality loss won't matter with the cheaper cable so join it with connecters or properly as above. :D

Sponsored Links
poshman said:
hi ,my speaker wire is not long enough to reach the dvd

If we are talking about those cheap DVD home cinema systems from Argos (£50 job), quality wont be up to much anyway and it really doesn't matter how tatty the speaker cable is! (no offence intended if this is what you have)

The more expensive ones are good, but still, quality of cables and interconnects isn't exactly going to matter with the plastic speakers on these systems.

My Hitachi came with about 8 metres of speaker cable for each of the rears, but i suppose the cheaper ones will only come with a couple of metres, they expect your living room to be 4 square metres or something :rolleyes: , then they try to sell you 4 metres of speaker "extension cable" (bellwire) for £8

hey note my name :) cheap DVD as if, well it was £400 ive had it for 9 months and aint used it yet lounge still a mess with new gas fire and surround yet to be done ive hidden most of wire behind new skirting otherwise would have put a complete new bit, so its either twist and tape or a connector .. thanks lads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back