spilt milk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone tell me how i can get rid of the smell of spilt milk from my boot carpet thanks TONY

Sponsored Links
you will never get rid of it unless you strip and refit new.

years ago we spilt a bottle in the boot of a mk3 cortina that had a rubber boot mat. it took 4 goes with jeyes fluid and a scrubbing brush to get rid of the stench over a 3 month period. on a modern carpetted finish you don't stand a chance.

you have my sympathies.

This may sound crazy but I saw it in a letter to Honest John's column in Daily Telegraph.
:rolleyes:
Get a largish flat box and fill it with grass cuttings and leave in vehicle. Every 2 or 3 days "ruffle" the grass cuttings to make sure fesh stuff is on the top. After a week replace the grass with fresh. cuttings

They reckoned the grass would absorb the smells in 2 weeks.
Would love to know if anybody tries this and if it really works.
It sounds weired enough to be real!

Ricky

Sponsored Links
I'm a car valeter and you have my sympathy, i've tried all sorts with little or no effect, small amounts you can usually get rid of, in the long run it would be advantageous to replace the carpet with new or one from a breaker ;)

One of life's coincidences?

Today in Honest John's motoring (Daily Telegraph) a similar letter recommends a bowl of malt vinegar left in for a couple of days to absorb smells.

You pays your money you takes your choice!

:p Ricky

get it cleaned proffessionaly that should do it.

failin that go all oooaaaarrrish and get some cow shyte , look like an inbreed country bumpkin molest your own children and live in a paddock then no one will be any the wiser about the spilt milk

doyle said:
failin that go all oooaaaarrrish and get some cow shyte , look like an inbreed country bumpkin molest your own children and live in a paddock then no one will be any the wiser about the spilt milk

Hmmm, i think trying a VAX might be easier...

why dont you get one of those 1970's humphreys

Ricky2 said:
One of life's coincidences?

Today in Honest John's motoring (Daily Telegraph) a similar letter recommends a bowl of malt vinegar left in for a couple of days to absorb smells.

You pays your money you takes your choice!

:p Ricky

I tried that but spilt the malt vineagr, now the car smells of the malt vinegar and the smell we were trying to get rid of (wet carpets). Honest John said "sell the car"..... :cry:

best thing you can try is a real cheap naff perfume spray on all seats and you wont notice the milk smells no more

Sponsored Links
Back