spinning - washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hoover Performa 1100 washer dryer, approx. 5 years old.

It isn't very happy at the moment when it needs to spin at any time during the cycle. The drum is rotating ok, and water is draining ok etc, but the machine doesn't seem to reach full power. It makes a reving noise when trying to spin and tries it's best to muster the power but fails each time. Generally, the drum spins round a couple of times but then the machine gives up and goes to the next part of the cycle. As a result the clothes come out of the machine extremely damp.

I have tried it without clothes/with less clothes in, wondering if it was the weight of the clothes, but the same problem is still happening.

I wondered if anybody had any ideas and whether the problem sounds serious? If it does I may well invest in a new machine.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
i can not speak for your brand, but generally speaking it sounds like either the motor brushes are worn or the drive belt is slack. you may wish to check drive belt, but UN PLUG IT FIRST no if's or butts un plug it

Personally I'd go for the replacement brushes. 5 years is about the point at which these things start to go. Easy to check if you know what you're doing - do you?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back