Splitting freeview

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not an electric problem really but.....I have just installed 6 tv points in the house I'm renovating. I've got 100mtrs of WF100 COAX
and not sure what to do next?
In my present house we have sky which is split 5 ways via some kind of circuit board an ariel fitter installed. I would rather not have sky in my new house but am unsure how freeview can be split.
Any ideas please. :eek:

Sponsored Links
same way

spitter in loft, freeview box into splitter

cable from splitter to each tv aerial socket

freeview boxes are that cheap, it would be a wise investment to have a box with each telly. dont forget analogue signals are being turned off soon, so every telly will NEED a set top box, unless you want to watch the same as everyone else in the house, in which case why have 6 TV points lol.

Sponsored Links
If I had just one freeview box and one ariel would the split affect picture performance?

thats all you will need, 1 aerial, 1 freeview box.

only thing is you will only have it on 1 tv

it was suggested you get more freeview boxes (one for each tv), that way each tv can watch any channel, but that would not mean you need more aerials

do as you first said.

then you have the option of all tvs watching same freeview channel, or all tvs can have own freeview box, and one aerial

you will however still need a signal booster / amplifier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back