Spot or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenin' all,

Just wondering whether you use a spot board or not?

Personally I don't because I work without a labourer and to me it's just an extra thing to clean and as a result works out no quicker than scooping muck from a bucket.

Regards

Fred

Sponsored Links
spot board every time, particularly on large spread jobs. too much time wasting with a bucket.

I also work alone & must admit don’t use a spot board either, it just seemed like something else to clean; perhaps I should give it a try.

Sponsored Links
I work alone now, and always use gorilla tubs.

The large one will take 2 bags of plaster, and are really easy to clean.
As long as you spread quick enough it wont go off on you.

Must admit I have used spot boards on large jobs, but then we mixed 7 bags in one go, and had 2 labourers to refill the spots while me and another spread were on stilts doing a very large ceiling!!

Worked well tho.. :p

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:22 pm
:rolleyes:

old post or not its relevent,spots are to slow and expensive for modern systems,to the lovers of spots how do you dash with all that junk round you?

i know its an old post but since its been reacivated by plstering or aka trowel addict i thought i would tell you what i use, i use a gorrilla tub i find that by the time you have put the gear on the spotboard and cleaned your bucket out you could already have a good few m2 on using a tub, also u can take tubs up towers on big hits, look at the pics i had to mix 2 bags up on the tower there were 3 of us workin from tubs you wouldent be able to do hits like that with a spotboard, also i find tubs clean,what i do is lay all my gear on, if theres any gear left in the tub instead of cleaning it out, i clean round the top inside of the tub with a wet brush so its all clean then wait for the gear at the bottom to go hard and kick it out you end up with a clean tub everytime hardly any cleaning at all, i tried to go back to a spot the other day it i dident like it View media item 26884 View media item 26886 View media item 26885

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back