Square window in a less than square hole!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building an extension. My brickie has left me with a window that is 13mm wider at the top than the bottom. Overall size is roughly 233 cm by 144 cm (high). Can I get the UPVC windows made out of square (the design has 2 sets of opening windows and no fixed window)? What should I fill the gap with if this is not possible?

Sponsored Links
Richard Radford said:
Can I get the UPVC windows made out of square (the design has 2 sets of opening windows and no fixed window)? What should I fill the gap with if this is not possible?
I take it the window will fit in the opening (?) if so you shouldn't have a problem,13mm will give you 6mm each side either fill with tube mastic filler or you can get plenty difference type of plastic strip fillet and glue it onto the upvc frame.
It not possible to have a window made out of square but if the window isn't made yet you can get a extension frame bar which clipped onto the upright frame,they came in at 10mm,15mm, 20mm so you could have the window made slightly smaller then plane the extension frame bar to the shape.Give the manufacter a template to help them but having said that 6mm on each side is not really worth worrying about.

I cant say i'm a DIY expert but what about using expanding foam filler then plaster and water proof over the top. Not only is it easy to use but it will expand to fill awkward gaps. I've used it before with success.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back