stairs to attic

1razor1

I would like to put a proper staircase into my attic from the second floor now, with the idea of converting the attic in a year or so when I can afford it.........How do I work out if I have the available height??

Sponsored Links
1razor1 said:
I would like to put a proper staircase into my attic from the second floor now, with the idea of converting the attic in a year or so when I can afford it.........How do I work out if I have the available height??

i think you need 225mm going and 215mm rising.

you should post this in the "floor, stairs, loft" section.

1razor1 said:

I wouldn't put the stairs in untill you have worked out the final floor hight in the proposed loft conversion. you may find that if/when the floor joists and floor are installed the stairs will no longer fit. Also the building regs may change (not likley, but possible) thus rendering them unusable.

Salem.

You can use any rise between 155 and 220 with any going (tread) between 245 and 260 as long as the pitch does not exceed 42°. But as Salem says, you better be sure about your floor levels.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the replies, hadnt thought it through properly :( back to the drawing board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back