standard height of WC pan spigot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the standard ht. at centre of a modern WC pan spigot? I'm told that it is 190mm but would like confirmation.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Softus said:
TicklyT said:
Maybe this is the standard, remembering that water doesn't flow uphill......
http://www.multikwik.com/products.php?cat=1&procat=Pan+Connectors
Eh? Where on that page does it mention anything about standard spigot height. Moreover, why would it?

No, but it does mention flexis and offset pan connectors, so that you can get the thing to fit when the pan doesn't line up with the soil pipe. If all spigots were at the same height, there wouldn't be much of a market for offset pan connectors!

My point is there seem to be so many 'non-standard' pans about, we can't really talk about a standard outlet height. If a soil pipe is set lower at, say, 170mm, but the pan spigot is at 200mm, there are offset connectors available to take up that much difference.
But if the pan spigot turns out to be at 170mm, then a soil pipe at the 190mm standard height would be more awkward.

It's probably best to say check the height of the spigot of the pan you intend to fit, as different products do vary, even if they are from the same manufacturer!

TicklyT said:
If all spigots were at the same height, there wouldn't be much of a market for offset pan connectors!
You appear to be assuming that all soil pipes are installed at the same height. If my own experiences are anything to go by, then that's a rather naive assumption.

My point is there seem to be so many 'non-standard' pans about, we can't really talk about a standard outlet height.
And yet you did. :confused:

Last pan I changed, a week ago, there was 30mm difference. Customer wasn't happy to have his new pan chocked up on two bits of 18mm ply but he supplied the pan. He wanted me to use a flexi connector. WTF!! Alternative was me walking away with the job unfinished.

thanks everyone for the discussion.
Solo, would you talk a little about the disadvantages of flexi - connectors?

brown sticky stuff sticks

the more corrugations the more it sticks, the more bends with corrugations the more it sticks

£1 says the clever git that thought of the god forsaken idea ain't got one on he's netty :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

--tom said:
Solo, would you talk a little about the disadvantages of flexi - connectors?
Everything. There's only one advantage to having a flexible pan connector - it's not a Saniflo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back