Standing seam roof systems ?

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by Evren, 9 Nov 2021.

1. Evren

Evren

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am currently in the process of building a double pitch roof ,double garage 5m x 6.3m and thinking of using standing seam roofing system opposed to standard roof slates (man made stuff) mainly because this stuff looks good and it appears to be easier to install.

I am based in South Wales region and came across a company based in Bristol called Pagurek making these panels along with the rest of the system.
    After contacting the company and watching videos over the internet made me think i can pull this off in a diy fashion but having never installed a roof before i am approaching with caution.

Mainly worried about the condensation build up and something called "oil canning" which makes the roof sheets looks uneven after a while of heating and cooling.
    Does anyone on here have any experience fitting the pagurek roof system that can share some information and experiences ?

here is a basic video showing the system i am talking about,

2. Bonni

Bonni

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Well, the only plastic I use on roofs are the dry verge and under felt trays near the gutters. I never use all that plastic/fibre glass stuff anywhere else, I use lead.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Evren

Evren

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

? :confused:

5. Makie

Makie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    How did you come up with plastic/grp from standing seam?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. pcaouolte

pcaouolte

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not as easy as it looks. Have you got any cuts to make? If so you will need a nibbler, don't try to cut it with tinsnips or a grinder.

It is very easy to scratch the surface finish as you move the sheets about or fit the flashings.

You almost certainly won't get it on flat, it tends to wrinkle. It is much thinner than you might expect, 0.5mm. Every move risks it bending a bit. When it expands and contracts it wrinkles a bit more.