Stanley Cooker

sws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10-year-old Stanley single burner range (old type - with baffers). I am curious as to something, which has started happening lately. Perhaps someone can help.
This is what normally (should) happens: The range is switched on, either by switch or thermostat; you hear a noise (noise X) and in about 5-10 seconds the burner fires.

However lately, Noise X is significantly quieter on occasion(you would have to be right up beside it to hear it), (maybe 1 in 30 times the cooker is switched on.) It sounds like the sound you would hear if you were to hold a small bench grinder and switch is on. A kind of a faint whine. After a while you will hear a click from the bottom left of the range and the burner fires up violently. Any idea what this might be? Is it doing damage?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could be one of several things.

When did you last have it serviced?

How long did it take?

Has been serviced every year since we got it is due a service in about 4mts time. The service man takes about 4 hours. Any info would be much appreciated.

Sounds like he does a good job, best to give him a call. I'd be intrested to know what the cause.

Sponsored Links
Had the service man out today, pump and motor capacitor replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back