Start button and taskbar doing a runner......

B

Belrose

:( Embarrassed to ask such a simple question but how do I get my Start button, quick launch toolbar and system tray back to the foot of the screen ? They have taken to shooting off to the top of the screen or to the righthand side without me doing anything (as far as I know). Maybe I am hitting a key by mistake that causes that ?

Advice appreciated. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
:D

Thank you v much, Diyisfun ! I have loads of computer manuals but they are in store while our new house is being finished so as a rookie computer user I am lost without them...

Thanks again.

Try clicking and hold on the toolbar and dragging it back down to the bottom of the screen :D

Sponsored Links
If you right click the taskbar and select "Lock the Taskbar" it will stay where it is too.

:D

I hadn't expected any more replies after Diyisfun sent a link so haven't been looking ! Just seen replies from Bahco and Spark123 when looking through back topics to try to learn a bit !

So thank a lot, both - my taskbar is now locked ! Yippee, hooray, etc etc !

I do so wish I could do the fantastic animated Smileys some clever people can.....

Bel

Belrose said:
I do so wish I could do the fantastic animated Smileys some clever people can.....

jumping0013.gif

like this?

you treat them as pictures, but do remeber forum rule 21

:( Breezer - if only ! Big smileys, small smileys - they are all beyond me - I can do nothing more sophisticated than click on the standard forum ones. Kevplumb has a great line in them - he once sent me a
'surrender' one which had me laughing for days. Oh well, my dear departed Father's constant refrain to me was 'Little things please little minds'. My Mother was wont to say darkly 'It's a long lane that has no turning'. :confused: but :D in spite of it all.....

Bel

:D Many thanks John D and Empip ! I think I have managed to send my sister a nice 'rude' one.... but will learn more before I launch myself on the forum..... (The ones I downloaded looked a bit big ?)

I didn't quite understand about the URL, are you saying that if I click on someone's Smiley that I like I will get the image ? But how do I save it for future use ?

Sorry to be so thick, but unfortunately having had staff to cope with the computer revolution I let them get on with it . Foolish woman........

I did mention in a previous post that I am away from all my belongings at present otherwise I would try the reference books before showing myself up...

Thanks again - seriously it is great that you chaps give us dumbos all this information, free too !

Bel

Belrose said:
I didn't quite understand about the URL, are you saying that if I click on someone's Smiley that I like I will get the image ? But how do I save it for future use ?

If you right-click on a Smiley that you like, you will see its URL (such as //www.diynot.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_surprised.gif )

You can, if you wish, copy and paste this url into a message, and put the IMG round it, as on here. Or you could paste the URL, with many others, into a list of your own.

Or you can go to that URL and save it as a Favorite

Or you can save the picture itself (not the URL) by using "Save Picture As" after right-clicking.

There are doubtless other ways of doing it.

Right click and select 'Properties', you can copy the URL by highlighting it - mouse button down, drag cursor over the address, press and hold down 'Ctrl key' then press 'c' key (both being held down together) release both ... This copies highlighted text / pix to the clipboard. Ctrl key as before, but this time followed by 'v' key - pastes whatever was seclected to the current cursor position... perhaps in a post to the Notterzene.

Uniform Resource Locator
URL, previously "Universal" A standard way of specifying the location of an object, typically a web page, on the Internet. Other types of object are described below. URLs are the form of address used on the World-Wide Web...
Here are some example URLs:
http://w3.org/default.html
http://acme.co.uk:8080/images/map.gif
A real one :-
http://foldoc.org/?Uniform+Resource+Locator

http://w3.org/default.html#Introduction
ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/mirrors/msdos/graphics/gifkit.zip
mailto:[email protected]
news:alt.hypertext
telnet://dra.com

;)

Sponsored Links