steel wheels.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone know if pugeot steel wheels will fit onto a ford/ the tyre size is the same - 175/65]14. and they are both 4 hole/stud/ fitting , also the holes match up the same....but would it be safe ?
regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
It is usually not safe to swap between manufacturers. The hole sizes/nut shape/spacing may be slightly different.

Within the same manufacturer you can sometimes swap if the part no is the same.

But steel wheels are extremely cheap to buy. Many tyre fitters, or dealers that fit alloy wheels to cars that were delivered with steel wheels, will practically give them away as they are of no use. Why do you want to re-use a different make?

If the pcd (hole centres) are the same then they will fit.
The only thing you need to check is the offset which will be a number stamped on the wheel beginning with ET

first thanks for answers, the reason i ask is at the moment i have pepper pots fitted/ but they have seen better days and have to go, the rims just will not seal and had to have gunge put in to seal em in the past. the tyre tread is getting nr the limit so i have to do somethink.
my lad bought a pugeot 205 a while back with only 200 mile on the tyres,
but put alloys on/ and saved the wheels.
so if they will fit a ford i am home and happy/ [ freebies :)].
we measured the holes and there the same,
we didnt try one out as we wanted to know if there was somethink we were missing out , such as this .offset ..et. thing/ . which i will look on the rim for , but as i dont know what it should be ? unless its marked on the pepper pots as well , or else find out some place anyhow/
regads.r.r. ps, is it that important ?.

Sponsored Links
You'll see when you try to fit them............. they may stick out beyond the car, or even sit back too far so they hit the brake calipers.

Try em and see!

cheers neo, yep we did in fact try them in the end/ after we sized them up against a ford wheel rim, and no real difference we put just 1 on front and checked it against other side [ ford spare wheel ] and all seemed ok/
so we put the rest on , and i had no problems over the 2 days.
but i missed me pepper pots so had the tyres put on to them after all that/ lol.
all places wanted £10 a wheel to swap em over , .but found a place done em all and balanced em for £25. so im happy. thanks to all . regards.r.r.

Back