Sticking motorised valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help! my central heating system motorised valve is sticking! the lights on the programmer are on ie, HW and CH but there is no noise from the central heating system, if i move the little arm on the motorised valve then the boiler fires up and the heating and hot water comes on! does anyone know what causes this to happen? and how it can be fixed??

Sponsored Links
Study this wiring diagram to understand how your system works. You may then be able to check where the problem is.

Thanks for the reply guys! i`ll investigate further and get back to you!

Sponsored Links
before replacing the motor, suggest you have a look at the valve spindle.
You should be able to remove the motorhead and see if you can turn the spindle easily with finger and thumb. If this offers resistance try working in some WD 40. Of course the motor has to overcome the return spring and the resistance so you may well have to replace it, but make sure the spindle is not the fault.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back