Sticking stuff to tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it's possible, or if there's a product, which will allow me to stick wood panelling (pine strips) up to a height of about 1.2m up a bathroom wall, over the top of tiles. It would save me removing the tiles if the wood could be held on somehow as the the walls behind are old and the lat and plaster type. Previous projects in the house removing tiles have led to total wall rebuilding exercises!
many thanks
Michael

Sponsored Links
Yeah just get yourself some grab adhesive.
Most accessable is probably at B&Q - they do "Cerafix grabs like nails" that's pretty good.
Make sure the tiles are clean before hand though.

Thanks for that. I thought something like no-nails might do the trick but I was worried that as the wood dried and then got damp, it might move too much for the adhesive and it all fall off.
I'll be giving it a try very soon and post how I get on.
Cheers

Last time I used "No nails" was about 8 years ago and I wasn't impressed - it may have improved by now though. I'd use the cerafix stuff personally. There's also a product called "sticks like sh*t" that's pretty good, but you can't get that at B&Q. The Cerafix is cheaper though and probably better suited to your task. I used it to stick a load of T&G to my daughters bedroom walls.

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering if you couldn't use ceramic tile adhesive (which you call "premix", and I call "mastic") to stick the pine strips to the front of the glazed wall tiles. Just hold them in place with some duct tape or masking tape as the mastic sets up.

If not, I'd be inclined to use a construction adhesive. If you have LePage's products there, check out LePage's PL Premium construction adhesive.

mikeg68
for a professional job..lol..

screw an brown rawl plug through the tiles an screw the battens to the rawl plugs

so better to do it right 1st time .. :)

The rawl plug idea sounds good but then i'll have screws on show. In all honesty, I think i will remove the tiles and just strip the walls entirely then plaster board the whole room and start from scratch. Wife now wants new bathroom accessories and a roll top bath. Also the floor tiles are coming up along with the flooring so we can put in underfloor heating. Wish i'd kept my mouth shut. Bl**dy Women!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back