Stiff Aqualisa Aquavalve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Aqualisa thermostatic shower control which, from http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/parts-store/Controls/A-control-product , looks like a Classic Aquavalve. It was installed in 1993 (having been purchased a few years before), and now has got pretty stiff to use. Am I right in thinking that it has probably just got scaled up? Should I just dismantle it and descale the cartridge (e.g. in a standard descaling solution)? Am I likely to need to replace the gasket at the same time? Just trying to think ahead for a change - any advice welcome (yes, I will turn off the supply to the shower, first!)

I've also got a Matki pivot shower door installed at the same time on which the bottom seal has deteriorated. Does anyone know if it is easy to obtain and fit replacements for these?

Sponsored Links
Don't know anything about the door and little about your aqualisa, but it certainly sounds scaled up. I would think that there is a service kit available including new seals etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back