Still having trouble with Valiant pressure but getting there

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Urgently required advice.

Hava a Valiant boiler on which the pressure gauge has dropped from 1.5 to 0 and a leak all down the back of my house from a pipe exiting the boiler from inside thehouse to outside through the wall.

Have read posts about doing something with the filling loop silver pipe but not quite sure how to proceed step by step.

Found that a nut was loose and have tightened it. This has stopped the internal flow of water to the farmost right copper pipe.

there is a cross shaped screw under the boiler by the silver flexible hose. DO i need to tighten or loosen it? Can I do it at any time or does the boiler / water have to be on/off?

PS: I have the instructions but they make no reference to the fillng hose so I am not sure if they are complete.

I have used the grey knob as desrcibed. This made a clunk and there is no more water leaking from the back of the house.

NOw I have also found the screw on the silver hose. I have unscrewed it completely and nothing happens. The pressure is at 0 since I used the grey knob.

What else do I need to do now to repressurize the tank?

PS Thanks in advance

John

Sponsored Links
you will need to open two screws follow the silver hose to another brass block open screw on this pressure will rise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back