storage heaters ( Economy 7)?

G

gazmark1

The heating is fraying my edges! I bought a property that has the heaters on their own cu, 2.5mm radial, 16a mcb's and tails going into a twin element radio telemeter. It all looks correct but i cant test it as i am not living in the property. My tenant downstairs says his heaters sometimes work and sometimes dont, but i have heard that some systems can kick in -in the afternoons for a while. This does fit with what happened today when i switched the storage heaters on, they started to heat up for about 10 minutes around 5.30pm then switched off. I dont know if the meters are at fault or if they come on during the day?? :confused: Would a second meter be better than the single twin element one currently fitted.

Sponsored Links
Why, the meter you have is a dual output providing off peak lekky to the storage radiators/ Some are programmed to give a boost in teh afternoon so you arent freezing cold when you get home from the office on the 5.45 from Paddington (hard day at the office dear?, never mind huddle round this pile of slightly tepid bricks and sup this cocoa).

Depends on the tarif you've got. ASk your supplier, sometimes they know the answer

I discovered some years ago that my local supply company stagger their off peak supplies in large blocks of flats etc so as not to overload their supplies
ricicle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back