Storgage units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am making some storage units (two doulble wardrobes) out of beech veneered mdf, but i need some help with the design :oops: .

The storage units are going to stop short of one side wall (the wall is 4m long and the storage units are going to br 3m long), the customers wants to use the full length sliding doors from homebase. So the two end panel need to be about 60mm wider than the rest of the storage units to house the doors, as far as i can tell i have two options

Option 1

Make the two double wardrobes all the same width, then fix two end panels 60mm larger than the wardrobes to the wardrobes to house the doors.

Option 2

Make the wardrobes with the two end panels 60mm larger than the rest of the wardrobes, ready to house the doors.

My questions are

Question 1

Which option do you experienced boys think is best, or is there another option i haven't even thought about?

Question 2

Also as the units are veneered mdf, how can i fix the exposed end panel without seeing the fixings?

All the best newbie
;)

Sponsored Links
heeellloo newbie chippie and welcome :D :D :D

on site construction or away!!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back