strange burning electric type smell from fridge part of f/f

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello....as topic heading..it seems like the fridge door was part open during the night and in the morning there is this powerful chemical type smell which we cant get rid of...I'm not even sure the smell has stopped.

come to think of it this smell has been hanging around for a week or so now..

the freezer part of the pet up is working fine....I'm not sure the fridge part is 100%...

any ideas?....is it new f/freezer time or will the smell go?...

p.s. its a cheapo-ish Bloomberg set-up about 3-4 years old

thanks

Sponsored Links
a wierd smell is usually a leak of refridgerant, or a left over curry.
if it's the first then it's probably not worth fixing unless you can trace the leak easily. if it's the latter, put it in the microwave and enjoy.

cheers....just cleaned the thing out to see if the smell reduces....and it hasent!...

real puzzler this one....it stinks and food is begining to pick up the pong...

dont suppose anyone can recommend replacements/brand to go for/avoid...

thanks

avoid a frost free. they can be a nightmare. if your fridge is cooling then it may not be the gas. if so then activated charcoal may remove any lingering smell.

Sponsored Links
thanks keith....the wife has been looking at frost free alternatives....i'll tell her to look elsewhere...

sorry for sounding dim but what is the difference between bbq charcoal and activated charcoal?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back