Strange printing problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes (well, almost once everyday now) I have this strange problem when I give a print command in any of the MSOffice programs.
The icon of the printer in the Windows taskbar changes from idle to buzy, but nothing happens!
In the programm's taskbar the icon of 'no of pages being sent to printer' is not counting, what it normally does.
Only as soon I 'mouse-over' this specific icon the counting and printing begins.
Not a serious problem, but very inconvenient when I give a print command, leave my desk a few minutes to find later that nothing has been printed!

Anybody knows what's going on here? I use Windows 98 and MsOffice 2000

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a mouse option. Check your setting on your mouse
Quick Fit

Use the CTRL ALT DEL keys and select task manager to see if anything untoward is running in the background?

Any programs that seem to be using lots of resources (or just seem wrong) just type the name of the executable in a search engine and see whats what. You may find you are harbouring nasties! :eek:

scvhost.exe had me for a while!

NOT to be mistaken with svchost.exe (which is a legitimate windows program).

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the input, but...
Quick Fix: mouse settings are fine as far as I can see.
Mildmannerjanitor: have Pestpatrol running, no nasties ;))
Breezer: printer is working fine, inco changes after command to being buzy. It's the icon in the Office program that's given the 'trouble'.

'Problem' happens on and of. I will keep Mildmannerjanitors suggestion in mind when it happens again and will check taskmanager.

Have a nice weekend

Back