stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just building a stud wall on top of some damp proof membrane. the wall will have some kitchen units on it but we dont know where we will buy the units from yet so my question is at what height do i put the horizontal stud onto which the wall units will hang? I purchased a new scaffold board to achieve this but we are still not sure.

help would be much appreciated.

regards

Sponsored Links
pb21 said:
I am just building a stud wall on top of some damp proof membrane.
Not quite sure what you mean here.
the wall will have some kitchen units on it but we dont know where we will buy the units from yet so my question is at what height do i put the horizontal stud onto which the wall units will hang?
Depending what units & where the fixings are, maybe you could plasterboards one side for the time being then fit the noggins on the other side of the stud wall to pick up the unit position.

If you use cabinet hanging rail instead of individual hangers you'll only need to know where the uprights are. If your cabonets are going to carry a lot of weight consider using L-brackets beneath the cabinets. These are installed with the wall arm hidden behind the cabinet

Scrit

Minimum fixings as follows
Verticals should be 400mm centres and horizontal noggins should be 1200 centres in order to fix plasterboard .
You can then put additional noggins in to suit

Sponsored Links
Average height for top of units is 2100 assuming 720mm high wall units. if you set the top edge of your scaffold board at this you should be well covered as you will have 225mm to play with.

Or as Scrit says use the continuous rail but you will have to notch the cabinet sides so they clear it.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back