stupid toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys

ive installed a new toilet and am having problems and need your help :D

its one of these cheapo ones from B&Q and it doesnt have an overflow.

if the water goes over the over flow it simply goes into the pan.

the problem im having is it wont fill with water, i can set it to let water in which it does but its not filling up because its just going straight through, so the water instead of filling up the cistern is going straight into the pan!!

also when i do mess about with the adjuster knob it finally fills up but when i flush to test it flushes but does not refill its self

any ideas, im really stuck

cheers

dean

Sponsored Links
deanfleet said:
hits one of these cheapo ones from B&Q and it doesnt have an overflow.

if the water goes over the over flow it simply goes into the pan.
To be picky, it does have an overflow - when the water level goes higher than the flush valve column it overflows.

the problem im having is it wont fill with water, i can set it to let water in which it does but its not filling up because its just going straight through, so the water instead of filling up the cistern is going straight into the pan!!
The washer at the bottom of the flush valve is not seating properly. You might have a piece of grit on it, so remove and check. Thoroughly clean out the bottom of the cistern while you're at it.

also when i do mess about with the adjuster knob it finally fills up but when i flush to test it flushes but does not refill its self
Is this because no water is let in, or because the water runs out straight away?

sorry what i ment was it doesnt have an overflow pipe when it over flows it just goes into the pan, not out a pipe

ive messed about with it for an hour now and can get the water to come in automatically now, but not very well, it fills up now but then if left for about 30 mins when i check the water height its gone down and the water is slowely trying to come in again.

Water can get in freely thats not a problem i think its just made soo cheaply and not got a very good build qualiy to be honest, starting to get on my nerves now though.

Its auto filling up now and has worked for 5 flushes but it only seems to work when it wants, on 6 flush its as if the float gets stuck and the water only trickles out

Take the c**p back and get another one.

We should all have compulsory water metering - then rubbish flush vaves like these would force the quality up.

Sponsored Links
its sort of working now, end of the day i got to have a working toilet, so ill see how it goes over the next day or so, if not ill conatct manufacturer and see what they say

cheers guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back