Sudden loss of pressure in power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can give me the benefit of their experience before the call to the manufacturer/plumber....

I have a Mira Event Xs power shower - not sure of age as it was already installed when we moved in 6 months ago but it looks fairly new.

It was previously working well (if a little noisy), but one morning the pressure was suddenly missing. Nothing else had occurred to the plumbing. Pressure in the bathroom taps is as was.

Temperature control is still working well.

What happens is that when the flow switch goes on a minimum flow rate of water is produced - turning the control further makes no difference to the flow or sound of the pump.

Have the checked the obvious - no blockages in the hoses or head or inlet filters.

Having reviewed the user manual for this unit (downloaded from: http://www.mirashowers.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/p3783_1.pdf ) the troubleshooting section suggests either the harness (potentiometer) or PCB for the symptoms I described.

It doesn't suggest that the pump could be at fault. However, given that it seems to make a lot of noise (although I have no reference to compare this to) could it be possible its on the way out?

If anyone has any suggestions or any experience of this product I'd be interested to hear them!

Cheers
E.A.H.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back