sun flowers (now updated again)

B

breezer

today i brought my very first sunflower seeds, i am planting them monday, what i want to know is do they really grow that tall, and how do you teach them to sing ?

you know like the tv ad, whoa, vitalite?

Sponsored Links
yes they do, and you need to sing to them very loudly each day to teach them how to do it. Once they are a foot tall you can dance as well and they will learn to do that.

seriously do they grow "that" tall?

I have never planted sunfloweres before, i figure they must grow tall ish, but also do they grow tall fast?

and for those who have never seen the vitalite singing sun floweres, click me

Never grown them myself, but about half a mile from us someone gets them up to there bedroom window. They would be about 11/12 feet tall

Sponsored Links
trazor said:
Never grown them myself, but about half a mile from us someone gets them up to there bedroom window.
They live in a bungalow :LOL: only joking!

One of our neighbours always has a few sunflowers, gets them up to his extension's flat roof. They just need plenty of support - plant them next to a trellis on a wall or fence and tie them to this.

no idea, mine havent grown, and the really annoying thing is, i cant find the packet of seed i brought yesterday

breezer said:
no idea, mine havent grown, and the really annoying thing is, i cant find the packet of seed i brought yesterday

Be amazed, search, Note what goes where.

Ahhhheeemmmmm! :LOL: :LOL:

amusing.

I have found them and now plated them, i also geve one set its own green house to see if it or its neighbour grows quicker (no green house)

breezer said:
amusing.

I have found them and now plated them, i also geve one set its own green house to see if it or its neighbour grows quicker (no green house)

its better if you plant them

Indeed, chrome or electro-brass ? but it takes some brass neck for me to TTP for typo's WRT to how high sunflowers grow, it depends entirely upon the variety. Ball park figure however 3 to 12 feet (variety depending)

I heard this faint noise in the garden it was going like "bang" then i looked at my sunflower seeds and reaised it was them, they were shooting up (not THAT kind of shooting up)

The one with then green house has actualy started to grow (about 1cm) but the other one (no green house) has yet to do anything :cry:

I have watered them and used that blue stuff that makes flowers "more flowery" (forgot its name) but they have both been given it.

Perhaps i should stand in front of them singing

breezer said:
I heard this faint noise in the garden it was going like "bang" then i looked at my sunflower seeds and reaised it was them, they were shooting up (not THAT kind of shooting up)

The one with then green house has actualy started to grow (about 1cm) but the other one (no green house) has yet to do anything :cry:

I have watered them and used that blue stuff that makes flowers "more flowery" (forgot its name) but they have both been given it.

Perhaps i should stand in front of them singing

MiracleGro (yellow and green box)

Been away on holiday, and yes it has started to grow, only about 3 inches tall though , but its better than it was

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back