Supplementary bonding for electric undefloor heating?

rlc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it a requirement to provide an earth bonding mesh for supplementary bonding across electric uf heating (kitchen or bathroom floor based), the layered structure would end up something like this : Floor -> Adhesive -> underfloor heating (cable + mesh mat) -> adhesive -> additional bonding mesh which is supplementary bonded -.Tiles.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
The on site guide states :"Underfloor heating installations in these areas should have an overall earthed metallic grid, or the heating cable should have an earthed metallic sheath, which must be supplementary bonded".
So it sounds like your system has the grid, which you will be bonding.
I hope that this helps.

I still wont mention Part P !!!! :LOL: :LOL:

thanks....para (v) page 58.....Could I pull my "5 Day VRQ Level 2 Certificate For Domestic Electrical Installers (Part P) certificate" from my top pocket....erm back pocket...Hang on....I know its somewhere.....will check my tool box..........in order to do this work? Would I need to inform the powers that be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back