Supply and erect fence - Is this too cheap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've had a couple of quotes for putting up a new fence and gate in my back garden. Both were to supply and erect the following.....

8.2m of 5ft closeboard fence
13.1m of 6ft closeboard fence
900x1.8m frame ledged and braced gate

Once came in at £1170 and the other £790.

Any comments? I thought the £1170 was a little expensive but reasonable (I did calculate the parts costs from a fencing trade website). Now I've seen the £790 I thought "wooohooo" but is this too cheap?

I live in the South East if this makes much difference.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It may be worth stating the purchase price of the parts from the trade site, to help us give an opinion.

Also it depends on the quality of the panels that they will be using.

:)

plastic_peanut said:
It may be worth stating the purchase price of the parts from the trade site, to help us give an opinion.

Also it depends on the quality of the panels that they will be using.

:)

I don't know the purchase price as the quotes do not break it down in that much detail. It's just a final price.

They wont be using panels, its all individual featheredge pieces (with arris rail etc etc).

The £1170 quote mentioned he gets all parts from the local building/landscaping merchants. Not sure about the cheaper one.

what size bays, morticed posts and ended arris rails or galv brackets, size of posts? does it include vat, and any clearance work to be done?

Sponsored Links
£1205 is what I quote minimum, but then I've not seen the site is old fence to be removed / dissposed of etc etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back