Supply line questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new here - hoping you can help me.

I intend to move a shower and therefore will need to extend my hot and cold supply lines about 6 feet. As is standard, these lines are copper. If at all possible, I'd like to avoid having to run copper pipe and fittings (and blow-torches, etc.) because I need to turn a few corners, etc., and don't want the hassle (nor do I have the experience). Is there any reason I can't run flexible steel mesh or nylon mesh supply lines to my new shower? Again, total length would be about six feet. The lines will need to run about three feet in the floor and three feet up the wall.

Barring that, if I must run copper lines, can I attach them all with compression fittings, or must I break out the solder?

Thanks
judd

Sponsored Links
Bit of a Limey site this one so your local codes are outside our knowledge. But you can certainly use compression fittings on copper, and there will probably be plastics which are OK.
If your supplies are low pressure (from tanks rather than the street supply) watch the bore diameter of anything flexible. 1/2" flexies often have 5/16ths" bores which will cut the flow down if they're any length.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back