Supporting structural joists

10 Jan 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I need to notch out a space for drainage in the floor joists and the building officers have said that i need to support the joist with a steel plate..

Can someone please let me know if they have dealt with anything like this before and if so what sort of steel plate i should use and how i can go about fixing it to the joists? The joist is a 300mm Joist.

Sponsored Links
What size of notch are you taking out?
enough to allow a 50mm drainage pipe to run through - say 60mm at the most..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links