SUPRIMA BOARD £180 INC FITTING AND 1YR COVER ON SYSTEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton are running a special price on the suprima board at the moment, £180 inc a full years cover on your system(like bg 3star).
This is a good price as the board itself retails at around £180.

Sponsored Links
Its a very good price though still about 40 quid dearer than the old Bg on demand breakdown thing.

ollski said:
Its a very good price though still about 40 quid dearer than the old Bg on demand breakdown thing.

doesnt sound like the same thing as you appear to get a years system cover. i thought it was £156 for the cheapest BG on demand call?

MBD71 said:
Potterton are running a special price on the suprima board at the moment, £180 inc a full years cover on your system(like bg 3star).

Thats jolly kind of them in the circumstances :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Maybe they've got some old 5102160's left. :p I'm down to about 6...

MBD71 said:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Not surpising seeing as they has a bad press on Watchdog last week. They are still making a good wedge out of it as they will be getting the PCB's for cherry bobs

Could that very economical price be because they feel a little embarassed by the unreliability of the Suprimas?

Whilst thats nice for the consumer, I do have to say that I feel that its totally unfair to the independent engineers as we cannot compete with that price.

To who can independents complain? Who would listen at Poxi? I think their "Customer Relations" department is only for their boiler users even though engineers have to buy their spare parts.

Tony

nickso said:
doesnt sound like the same thing as you appear to get a years system cover. i thought it was £156 for the cheapest BG on demand call?

Dunno nick 132 / 144 last I heard but then I don't pay much attention.

ollski said:
nickso said:

Dunno nick 132 / 144 last I heard but then I don't pay much attention.

i though it had gone up....maybe not.....cant be bothered to find out just now.

Saw a big advert the other day £156, thats in merseyside, I suppose it will be the same everywhere else.

As agile says not fair on us lot

why dont they stop bleedin ripping everyone off and sell the thing at a reasonable price

they have had it great for ages and earnt nice of the back of their boilers breaking down every five minutes enough is enough!

Re: BG fixed price repair. They try to flog you monthly cover which works out at £312.00. It sounds steep but if you're on a low income it is sometimes better than forking out a lump up front.

solo said:
Re: BG fixed price repair. They try to flog you monthly cover which works out at £312.00. It sounds steep but if you're on a low income it is sometimes better than forking out a lump up front.

where did you get that price from?....sounds higher than normal

Is that for the "repair plus a year's cover?"

The fixed price repair is £198 (I think) on the billboards in London, though apparently they don't cover central L.

If you ask nicely I'll fit a suprima pcb upgrade for £179...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back