Synchron motor replacement

29 Jun 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all, Hopefully this is a nice simple question with a nice simple answer!

I need to replace the motor in my Honeywell diverter valve (3 port - can't see a model number on the valve, it's probably about 20 years old though!).
It is currently fitted with a honeywell 4000-2737-001 motor, can I replace this with any generic synchron motor for honeywell valves or does it have to be specific?

Thanks. :)
Sponsored Links
Best thing to do is take the actuator head off and take it to a plumbers merchants and ask them to match this up for you. I had a simlar problem last week and even the merchants were stumped on a suitable replacement.
Unless its a 24v honeywell just use a bog standard synchronlike an acl with crimp connectors.
If it really is older than 20 years it might well be the old model on which the powerhead isn't removable (without drain down).

Does the powerhead cover have a dimple at one end?
Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:

You learn something every day

Only when the head looks angry, I'll be bound ...

(waits with interest to see what quotes do to .jpgs)
Thanks for the replies. :)

I got a replacement motor from B&Q(spit) and fitted it last night. Job's a good 'un.
The insulation on the cables had degraded and cracked with heat and age, and it had shorted to the case of the motor where the wires pass through.
The valve itself seems to work fine now and the heating works again (like we need it at the moment!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links