system noise following repair? Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a conventional CH system with a baxi boiler heating CH and DHW via a tank. It is a sealed system and the boiler is located in an outhouse. The 3 way valve broke (ball valve detached mechanically) The symptom was no CH, DHW working only. Pump and 3 way valve replaced for new, and system now working fine. The pump is set to the mid position. There is a frost stat but it is not cold enough yet! Banging in the pipes happens each time a stat kicks in or the timer switches a system on. If CH or DHW are selected independently, all is quiet.
I have lifted the lid on the 3 way valve to check actuation on switching and all is functioning correctly. I have also bled the system many times in just about every location... No change! Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Banging can be either a sludge probem (kettleing) or a poor circulation problem (or both).

Does system actually work whilst making the noise?

Have you cleared all air locks...air can prove difficult to remove even in sealed systems.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back