1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

System or Normal Boiler replacement

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by wbjimmy1, 19 Jul 2021.

1. DP

DP

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sometimes external pump can be problematic in that it may need wired directly to the boiler and that may itself be a difficult task.

Frankly do not see there will be much difference between system and heat only boilers

2. Sponsored Links
  3. wbjimmy1

wbjimmy1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks to all who have offered advice. I have now found a local plumber who will service my existing boiler so I will seek his opinion on its condition and potential serviceable life. From all the comments I’ve received it seems the decision between replacing it (and when) with either another system or heat only boiler is finely balanced with no obvious deal clincher. Whatever happens though I won’t wait until all replacement gas boilers are banned and we are forced to install a technically immature and expensive hydrogen or heat pump alternative - unless there’s someone out there who can convince me I’m wrong?

4. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Gas boilers in existing homes won't be banned for a couple of decades or so yet. It's only new builds where they're being replaced by heat pumps. Heat pump technology is hardly immature though, it's been around for over 30 years.

Hang on to your existing boiler if it works reliably. Parts are still available and you're unlikely to recoup the cost of replacement in energy savings

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1