Tap flexi's onto 15mm compression

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The monobloc I have just fitted came with it's own flexi pipes.

The flexi's that I have fitted on other taps around the house have had a 15mm compression nut/fitting on the other end so fit straight onto 15mm pipe.

These have a female 1/2" bsp tap connector on the end. The thread fits a 15mm compression coupling, but will it seal sufficiently? It has an integral rubber washer so I guess it will, but wonder if there is a specific fitting for this?

If this method is OK, can you get solder ring fittings with a male thread (1/2" bsp) on the end? Had a quick look in Screwfix and the only ones they sell are solder to 1/2" nut (female).

Sponsored Links
I would use a 15mm isolating valve (cheap jobby) as the connector. Remove nut and olive from downstream end and attach ½" nut on flexi.

Cheers, so they should seal OK onto 15mm compression thread, minus the olive & nut obviously!!

I would use an isolation valve, but I've already mounted those at ground level.

Ideally I wanted to just run a straight bit of copper up from here to the sink then straight onto the flexi, which is why I asked about solder fittings as I prefer these to bulky compression.

Anything with a male ½" thread will do, providing it's not too tapered (so that the nut can't be threaded fully on). Might be a problem with soldered fitting, less likely with compression (e.g. ½" x 15mm).

Sponsored Links
Don't forget some single check valves if you got a belting mains pressure coming into a monobloc tap. Otherwise it inhibits the flow of the DHW.
Cheers

OK, I'll stick with a 15mm compression coupler, probably got a couple somewhere!

This is a basin in upstairs bathroom, both feeds are gravity so do I still need to use check valves? They should be reasonably balanced shouldn;t they?

I thought some monoblocs had check valves built in, although the last Bristan one I bought came with one to put on the hot.

I measured a customers cold outlet recently and my pressure guage hit 7 bar before flying off the tap, soaking me!
As a plumber its a standard fitting for both pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back