Tap head slips on spindle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A problem with my bathroom tap.
Turn the tap and nothing happens.
On dismantling the top of the tap, I find that the tap head fits onto a custom plastic connector which then fits onto the brass spindle.
The inside of the custom plastic connector is worn and is "slipping" on the spindle.

The custom plastic connector is designed specifically to fit this particular tap head -- one end locates to a star-shaped cavity underneath the tap head, the other end locates over the spindle and has grooves inside which match the spindle grooves. The grooves are worn.

Any ideas? If I can't fix it I will need to buy another pair of tap heads.
I can not turn the brass spindle by hand. Should I be able to do this?

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Isn't that a common make, like Ideal Standard? If so you should be able to get parts. If you try a GOOD plumbers' merchant which carries some main line brands they should be able to help.

Otherwise it's a nice decorative pair of self-grip pliers on the spindles forever?

ChrisR said:
Isn't that a common make, like Ideal Standard? If so you should be able to get parts. If you try a GOOD plumbers' merchant which carries some main line brands they should be able to help.

I'll look for some Ideal Standard parts. Know any web sites with plumbing bits?

Thanks
Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back