Tap Problem x 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night I noticed that the bathroom hot water tap was only just trickling water out ( a problem that had been getting progressively worse). Also the tap would only turn about one-and-a-half rotations but all my other taps turn 3-5 times. I see from this forum that it might have been the Valve but my problem main problem is this:

Using brute force and ignorance, I tried to force the tap open a little more and the plastic thread inside the head wore away and the tap head came off in my hand. Oops...

All I can do now (if I want to run the bath hot water) is take the tap head off the basin hot water tap and interchange them.

I know I need a new tap (chance to buy a nice pair), but once these are fitted, will my hot water trickle be sorted aswell?

cheers

Gazza

Sponsored Links
I know I need a new tap, but once these are fitted, will my hot water trickle be sorted as well?

A very good chance that the washer had seized or worn so replacing should sort it :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back