Tap to hose permanent fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bit of an odd one, this...

I have a mixer tap in the kitchen, and would like to be able to connect a hosepipe to it so I can rinse the dog after a walk! I don't want to just use an external cold tap as that would be a bit cruel on a February morning! Ideally I would like a permanent fixing that doesn't impede the function of the tap when the hosepipe is not connected, but allows a standard 'quick release' hose connector to snap straight on.

I think my best hope is an adaptor that screws in to the tap mouth (the exising plastic fitting can be unscrewed). My questions are: does such an adaptor fit? Is the plastic tap mouth fitting a standard fitting? Does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks

J

Sponsored Links
Such a fitting would be against water regs i.e backsiphoning which is why hoses never fit normal taps.

Why not give your doggie a shower in the bath? :D

Where do you put the dog during this process? In the sink?

If you fit a double check valve in the cold feed(mains) to the sink,you can get a mixer connector from Hoselok@ a shed . But they go over the spout. Tis the only way

Sponsored Links
Bahco - the bathroom is upstairs and the dog is growing heavy! I also don't have time to bath the dog every morning. I just want to be able to rinse off any mud and give him a good towelling!

Chris - The dog would be outside the back door. I want to add a 10' length of garden hose so I can rinse him down. I could get a kitchen mixer with shower attachment but the hose would be too short. Maybe I could connect two or three shower hoses together. Just seems a bit of a messy solution.

Nige -- If you're talking about the connectors that jubilee clip onto the tap, that won't work unfortunately, due to the shape of the tap.

Thanks all for your posts -- I hadn't fully considered the issue of back-siphoning -- which would indeed be a problem because I had intended to put a trigger-action hose fitting on the end :oops:

Looks like the dog better get used to being carried up the stairs then! :rolleyes:

Tap spout with a square end and the hole underneath :?: File off the chrome and solder a 3/4x1/2 brass bush on it then you`ll have the same thread as a std. o/s tap :idea: :idea: Not pretty but functional

Why don't you fit an outside tap? Since you want the water outside, it seems a little more logical. You could even have a warm water supply via a thermostatic mixing valve!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back